Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Light


My entry into this month's Gardening Gone Wild photo contest.  This image was taken last weekend, just after the rain had ended, up at Coppola Winery in Geyserville, California.  Formerly Chateau Souverain, Francis Ford Coppola purchased the winery in '05 and is turning it into a wine wonderland.  Beautiful setting with the Mayacamas Mountains in the background.  The sun was dropping down and the old vines were in shadow.  The light was so pretty and gold on the old, mossy Oaks.   Not snow-covered, but our winter none-the-less.  And I like it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the contrast between the vines in the sunlight and in the shadow;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sight! Glad to see you've discovered Gardening Gone Wild. I didn't enter the February contest and am waiting to see what the March one will be about. I also enjoyed the post about your plans for the elementary school. Wish I had your gift with graphics (not to mention design).

    ReplyDelete