Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Be Awake!"



My children have asked me why I've begun doing this blog thing.  So here's my answer...

Recently, I read a quote by Bay Area-based artist and landscape design guru Topher Delaney.  She faced and beat breast cancer and was asked by an interviewer about the experience.  She said, "It’s important for people to know.  Getting breast cancer was a gift from God. It opened my heart and made me understand that I have a gift. I am still alive, I believe, because my work is not done. Having cancer completely changed me. I have become very passionate about two things: being of service—and being awake to life."

I'm always looking for new things to share and in the process, I am grateful.  And I hope I'm teaching my kids about being awake in their lives.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot! It's also encouraging to find another landscape designer/architect who has started a blog on design thoughts. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Melissa, for being the first to comment on my blog. It's so nice to get feedback.

    I can't wait to read your post about the High Line. I've been reading about it in pubs but have not been able to visit yet.

    Love your blog, great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome. Looking forward to reading your posts. Great photo, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has encouraged me to start a blog, but I didn't know if I had anything to say. I have justed started writing with her on her blog, so I will see how it goes. I have read through your blog and left you some comments:) You have some interesting things to read. Great entry for the contest - the water drops really add depth to the picture.

    ReplyDelete